Prep: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins Oven - 1hr Slow cooker
- 4 Tbsp of ToutEpis Konfi Piman
- 2 red onions
- 1 ½ lbs whole chicken
- 3 mixed peppers
- 8 small red potatoes (about 2 lbs)
- Bag of Arugula
- 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut each pepper into four chunks. Peel onions and separate petals.
- Place vegetables into a baking pan.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut down the back of the chicken to open it flat
- Mix Konfi Piman, salt, pepper and lemon juice together. Massage mixture all over the chicken (skin side/inside); making sure it gets everywhere.
- Place chicken flat over the vegetables in a baking pan, skin side up.
- Roast for 50 minutes or until the chicken looks golden.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes in a large pot of water. Drain
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Using a flat surface (I use a glass) to carefully smash the potatoes (you want them flat but whole)
- Sprinkle with olive oil and thyme
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp
- Serve immediately