- ToutEpis Konfi Piman
- 1 cup of sliced leeks
- ⅓ Tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ cup of finely chopped celery
- Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp of fresh thyme
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely minced*
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, washed thoroughly and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup of water
- ⅓ cup of light coconut milk*
- 4 lbs halibut fillet (2 fillets)
- 4 tbsp fresh herbs (parsley, cayenne pepper)*
- Slice the white and light green part of the leek. Thoroughly clean under water
- Slice celery
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat and add olive oil, chopped leek, garlic and celery. Cook until vegetables are soft. Add salt, and pepper. Stir while allowing to cook another 4 mins
- Add potatoes to vegetable mixture and sautees for 5 mins while constantly stirring.
- Add water and coconut milk (substitute with almond or cashew cream). Bring soup to a boil, cover pot, then allow to simmer for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once the potatoes are soft, puree ¾ of the mixture.
- Add thyme and adjust taste if needed.
Pan Seared Halibut
- Season halibut generously on both sides with garlic, salt and pepper
- Heat skillet over medium-high, add oil*
- Add fillet to skillet
- Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes
- Remote fish from heat.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs
Serve soup in a bowl, gently place fish in the middle, garnished with Konfi Piman