Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 1:30h - 2h
Total time: 140 mins
Serves 6 - 8 people
- Butternut Squash*
- 8 cups of water
- 1 Lb of meat**
- 4 garlic cloves
- Celery stalks
- Large onion
- Taro roots***
- Penne pasta
- Lime juice
- ToutEpis Konfi Piman
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add meat, parsley, thyme, garlic. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, then let simmer for about one hour.
- Once meat is tender, remove from the pot. Set aside.
- Add coarsely chopped pumpkin to the pot. Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until pumpkin is cooked.
- Remove Pumpkin with some broth. And puree in blender
- Return puree to pot. Add potatoes, taro roots, chayote, cabbage, carrots, leeks, “bouquet garni” and whole habanero pepper. Bring to a boil. Then simmer until vegetables are cooked
- Add back meat
- If using frozen squash add now
- Add pasta. Bring to a boil until cooked.
- Season to taste
Serve with garlic bread or cassava bread.
*1 (12oz) package of frozen squash
**May use beef, turkey or no meat for a vegan soup
***Skip if not available near you