- 4 garlic cloves, divided
- ½ cup of Panko Breadcrumbs**
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoon of Konfi Piman oil
- 2 oil-packed anchovy filets*
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ounces finely grated Pecorino cheese (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Finely chopped thyme for garnish
- Thinly slice garlic
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a large pan. Cook bread crumbs until golden, stirring often to prevent burning. Transfer toasted breadcrumbs to a bowl and set aside for later
- Heat 3 tbsp of Konfi Piman oil in the same pot over medium-low. Cook sliced garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden at edges, about 1 minute. Add anchovies, cook, stirring, until they are dissolved, about 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for another minute. Stir in lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 3 minutes less than package directions.
- Using tongs, transfer pasta to pot with sauce along with 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Cook, tossing often until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat, add butter, and half of breadcrumb mixture and toss until combined and butter is melted. If pasta seems dry, add more pasta cooking liquid and oil and toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper, and more lemon juice if desired.
Serve immediately garnished with chopped thyme and Konfi Piman.
*Can skip if you don’t have or like anchovies
**Can substitute breadcrumbs with parmesan or pecorino